What is the mission of SYMMYS?
Our mission is to spread Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management ideas and techniques among the buy-side quant community. To this end
- we feature a one-week intensive training, the Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management Bootcamp
- we post white papers, code and other free support materials on our Resources page.
- we update you on recent research through the SYMMYS Newsletter
- we keep you connected through the SYMMYS LinkedIn Group
- we circulate your research through the SYMMYS Research Paper Series
Who is the target audience of SYMMYS?
» Portfolio/risk managers with quantitative background
» Sell-side quants who are interested in buy-side
» Academics and students in scientific fields
Who manages SYMMYS?
SYMMYS is run by its founder Attilio Meucci, with the help and support of a few close friends, whose mysterious identities will be unveiled in the near future.
Why the name "SYMMYS"?
Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management is about making decisions with partial information. The principle of symmetry becomes handy in such situations. The name "SYMMYS" epitomizes the concept of symmetry, especially with the last "S" reversed as in the SYMMYS logo
Is "SYMMYS" not-for-profit?
"SYMMYS" is not organized as a not-for-profit institution. However, SYMMYS' founder has not made and is not making any profit from SYMMYS. Instead, any revenue net of costs is channeled to funding research activities or to charity. By the way, you can contribute, too, if you wish, and be entitled to a tax deduction.
Can we contact "SYMMYS"?
Please do contact us! We are trying to improve. In this process, constructive and destructive criticism is invaluable, and therefore always welcome.