ARPM Bootcamp 2011
This was a challenging year for all of us in the finance industry, but I am grateful that 231 Bootcampers joined us from the five continents of our planet. The networking cocktail party on Wednesday evening was a triumph: good food, great room (thanks Baruch MFE!), great speakers, and happy faces all around. I especially want to thank our distinguished list of guest speakers: Bob Litterman, Emanuel Derman, Peter Carr, Rob Almgren, Bruno Dupire, Fabio Mercurio, and more. Over $75,000 profits from the ARPM Bootcamp 2011 have been deposited into the charitable gift fund One More Reason.
We have made several significant enhancements to the program this year:
- Course registration: to make it easier for people to enroll, access the educational material and pay tuition from overseas we completely redesigned the website and we set up a special Paypal channel.
- New content: we increased the total number of lecture time to accommodate new content: now the ARPM Bootcamp’s gruesome 6-day schedule sports an astounding 9 (!) net hours of raw instruction per day, plus extra guest lectures.
- Bootcamp yearbook: to build up the alumni connection, for business and for fun, we set up the ARPM Bootcamp Survivors page, a yearbook with permanently updated contacts powered by LinkedIn.
- Linkedin discussion forum: also, we set up a LinkedIn group to address technical questions in Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management, for the Survivors to interact with the rest of the buy-side quant community on a daily basis.
- Charity: A charitable fund has been set up to formalize the process of charity donation from the ARPM Bootcamp. This fund will stay invested until the funds are allocated to charities through grants. Furthermore, third parties can contribute tax-deductible donations, by filling out a form.
--- Attilio Meucci
|Feedback:||feedback statistics and individual students' written comments here|
|Yearbook:||permanently updated list of contacts powered by LinkedIn here|